Register Register  Login Login
  Search 

Savannah Fishing Report - Miss Judy Charters Sep

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Captain Judy View Drop Down
Guides & Charters
Guides & Charters

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Judy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Savannah Fishing Report - Miss Judy Charters Sep
    Posted: 06/Oct/2016 at 4:26pm
Captain Judy Helmey Kicking Fish Tail Since 1956! 124 Palmetto Drive Savannah, Georgia 31410  912 897 4921or 912 897 2478 912 897 3460 fax  Fishjudy2@aol.com 
   September 27, 2016  

Saltwater Inshore, Offshore, Blue Water fishing reports, Freshies Suggestions, and “Little Miss Judy’s Believe It or Not story!   Thanks for Reading! 

Fishing statement: To try to insure that fishing stays in the hearts of those that love it and to help the ones that are going too!   

Well, well, what do we have here?  This is Captain Deidra Jeffcoat holding up a nice red fish that she obviously caught while inshore fishing.  Now, who was she fishing with? Well, Captain Kevin Rose also of Miss Judy Charters took Captain Deidra on what some might call a busman holiday of sorts.  And then some of us would just say “went-a-catching!”   

Inshore fishing for red fish spotted sea trout and now triple tail!  Oh My! 
Inshore fishing is just getting better every day.   Fishermen are catching a lot more Savannah Slam, which is red fish, spotted sea trout, and flounder ...but here’s where is get a little interesting for sure one of our inshore captain found another sort of a bite this past weekend...Captain Stephen Thompson caught a few triple tails while fishing for spotted sea trout and red fish in the Wassaw Sound...And I thought that bite was over...well apparently it is not!  What did the triple tail bite?  Well it’s favorite of course live as can be live shrimp! 

While inshore fishing with Captain Garrett Ross of Miss Judy Charters the Lawlor bachelor fishing party had some grand results!  From Left to right:  Mike Lawlor, Chuck Hendrix, Ryan Lawlor and the groom to be Chris Lawlor..all fishermen are from Savannah, Georgia   

While fishing with Captain Kevin Rose of Miss Judy Charters young Jace, his father Matt Dixon, and his grandfather caught, fought, landed, and released quite a few nice trophy red fish.    And as you can see, well, this is what you would call a “Father and Son Duet!”

William Waters is holding a nice spotted sea trout, which gladly took him up on his offer of live shrimp rigged up under the horn!  

Captain Garrett Ross and his daughter Stella whom is holding her just caught soon to be released red fish!  Now we really know what makes Garrett smile! 

Adam Kaminsky fished with Captain Tommy Williams of Miss Judy Charters and had a great time catching and releasing some nice trophy red fish!   

Freshies Report! 

Swirley Bird King!Bill Vanderford has won numerous awards for his writing and photography, and has been inducted into the National Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame as a Legendary Guide. He can be reached at 770-289-1543, at JFish51@aol.com, or at his web site: www.georgiafishing.com  

Captain Garrett Ross and his oldest daughter Chyler are sporting what is better known as fish catching smiles.  Hey, nice spotted sea trout Chyler!    

Artificial Reefs 

With a few more minutes less of daylight, fall arriving, and with temperature dropping the bottom bite in these areas seems to be a little better.  This boils down to the fact that we do have some sort of a bottom bite....firstly the black fish and summer trout seemed to have moved into these areas...also the flat boys have arrived also known as flounder.  And I hate to say it and most likely shouldn’t bother reporting it, but so have the juvenile red snapper! Please know federal regulations...you can’t keep red snapper, it is a must to catch and release.  Don’t confuse the state fishing regulations with the federal regulations! 
Looking for something interesting to do! 

Daufuskie Island South Carolina!   Another great secret located on the coast!  Now this is not a fishing trip it is a seeing trip! It is a must for anyone!   For all the grand details I suggest giving Captain “Gator” Gary a call 912 604 1587.  He can set up transportation to get you there, golf carts, touring, and dinning!  It is a great place and it is only accessible by water!  So therefore it is a twofold kind of a situation, because the boat ride is also very interesting!  

Savannah Snapper Banks Well, I got to fishing offshore....however it was not calm but fishable...I do still love my job..because if I didn’t I would have had to quit a long time ago....We fished offshore at the Savannah Snapper banks and caught a little of everything from amberjack to grouper to white grunt to black sea bass to trigger fish to vermilion to some of those fish we don’t normally see such as soldier fish (considered a tropical fish) Popeye snapper ...so I guess this means the fall time bottom fish migration has started!   

Jeff Pursley and Captain Kathy Brown of Miss Judy Charters is showing us some nice fish catching smiles.   However, I don’t think the trigger fish is too happy! 

Corey Eskew Savannah, Georgia caught this nice amberjack while plain old bottom fishing with a small piece of squid.  With a rock steady pull Corey brought his fish to the boat, we netted it, and the rest is fishing catching smiling history!  Later in this fishing report on looker fisherman Charley Teigeler Savannah Georgia scored big time!   

Bryan Lincoln, Savannah, Georgia is holding up what we call a soldier fish and have for many years.  However, thanks to the aid of the web I have now found out that there are numerous styles of soldier fish meaning different shapes and colors.  Here’s what all soldier fish have in common and that’s big eyes. I guess the better to see you with or maybe it just dime down where they hang!  Although it is not normal to catch these fish meaning certainly not every day Brian did catch about six while bottom fishing at the Savannah snapper banks in about 105 feet caught three!    
I’m Popeye the sailor man I am Popeye the sailor man....

Please meet another member of the soldier fish family.  However we do not call this fish a soldier’s brother from another mother, we call it the Popeye snapper!  This fish does not have a slim covering like most fish.  Believe it or not but its outer skin has a dry leathery feeling.  This is another tropical fish that we do not catch a lot of.  This fish was caught at the Savannah snapper banks in about 105 feet of water while bottom fishing with a small piece of cut squid!   

Charley Teigeler Savannah, Georgia hooked up and had a nice amberjack on his line.  However, after the hooking up and fighting began Charley’s amberjack became bait for another yet larger fish.  This was a nice size amberjack and the shark that took this bite was also on the rather large size. Heck, check out those tooth marks!   The longer you look at the bite the more you realize exactly how big of a bite range that this shark had.  When it took its mostly likely one serious bite, please realize that about 20 pounds of amberjack was engulfed!  I guess you could call this a one stop bite deal.   

While holding up a nice gag grouper great smiling good looking Beau McManus of Pooler, Georgia is sporting one heck of a fish catching smile!  Where did he catch it?  Well, while plain old bottom fishing at the Savannah snapper banks with a small piece of squid in about 105 feet.  I loved to watch Beau reel his fish in and on this day he caught quite a few.  Beau’s plan to land his fish was simple and direct.  It went like this: Beau set the hook and reeled steady keeping direct, but not too much pressure, on his fish.  The bottom line was if a fish hit his bait it was a done hooking up deal!  What did Beau catch on this fine fishing day?  Mega trigger fish, green head black sea bass, a nice dolphin also known as a Mahi Mahi, vermilion snapper, and according to him about 6 dozen of the rare endangered ruby red lips!   

Beau McManus Pooler, Georgia is holding a nice Mahi Mahi (also known as a dolphin) that he hooked up as it hit his bait on the retrieve.  Once hooked up this fish took about 150 feet of line and headed straight to the bow of my boat and then proceeded to pull off more line at a quick pace.  However, with Beau geared up for simple and direct catching he did a great job of bringing this fish to the boat.  At that time, Captain Kathy Brown of Miss Judy Charters gaffed it on it first pass!    

Do I try it or do I not!  I say “YES!” 

http://www.lifesparkfishingtackle.com/ Life Spark Sport Fishing Tackle If you have been following by fishing reports you already know that I am a strong advocate and user of the Electron Fish Attractor.  But of course there are those fishermen that either don’t believe or just don’t get it!  Well, I am a believer and I do get it, because catching is my business for sure!  As you know I have been taking people fishing for over 51 years and I do know how to catch fish.  However, it always helps to get a little extra outside assistance especially comes to catching!  After all that is what fishing is all about!  Heck, the tackle shops and the web are full of beautifully colored and different sizes/shapes of all kinds of lures.  When it comes to a lures picked these days I truly believe it i have said this many times over, a lure will most likely not work if the fisherman using it doesn’t believe in it.    

The fish attractor is neither a lure nor bait. It is merely an addition to lure already using.  And as a fisherman I already know what I am using as a lure or baits already works. However, if you want to add to your already so call prefect picked lure or bait I suggest giving the Electron Fish Attractor a try! 

Just so that you know, I am on the Pro proud to be a member!  After reading the above if attractor a try here are a few suggestions that just might change your mind...first go to the web site and give it a good read...and check out the magazine article that is in http://canadianoutdoorsmanmagazine.com/index.html subscribe all you have to do is add name and email address...and then open the current Fall 2016 magazine...to around page 58 for angler Sense!   This article helps explain a little better the just of the electron fish attractor. (If you missed part 1, look in the 2016 summer issue.) the electron fish attractor. 

Do I try it or do I not!  I say “YES!”  

http://www.lifesparkfishingtackle.com/ Rick and Rachel Crozier Life Spark Sport Fishing Tackle 5827 - 4 AVE. NE Calgary, AB 587-349 If you have been following by fishing reports you already know that I am a strong advocate and user of the Electron Fish Attractor.  But of course there are those fishermen that either don’t Well, I am a believer and I do get it, because catching is my business for sure!  As you know I have been taking people fishing for over 51 years and I do know how to catch fish.  However, it always helps to get a little extra outside assistance especially comes to catching!  After all that is what fishing is all about!  Heck, the tackle shops and the web are full of beautifully colored and different sizes/shapes of all kinds of lures.  When it comes to a lures picked these days I truly believe it is more about the fisherman than the fish.  After all and I have said this many times over, a lure will most likely not work if the fisherman using it doesn’t

The fish attractor is neither a lure nor bait. It is merely an addition to lures or baits that you are already using.  And as a fisherman I already know what I am using as a lure or baits already works. However, if you want to add to your already so call prefect picked lure or bait I suggest giving the Electron Fish Attractor a try!  

Just so that you know, I am on the Pro-Staff team at www.lifesparkfishingtackle.com After reading the above if you are still not convinced you want give the attractor a try here are a few suggestions that just might change your mind...first go to the web site and give it a good read...and check out the magazine article that is in http://canadianoutdoorsmanmagazine.com/index.html this is a free online magazine, which to subscribe all you have to do is add name and email address...and then open the current Fall 2016 magazine...to around page 58 for angler’s X Files “Dare to Believe, Part 2..Understanding the 6 Sense!  

This article helps explain a little better the just of the electron fish attractor. (If you missed part 1, look in the 2016 summer issue.)  This article helps explain a little better the g
Rick and Rachel Crozier 349-3567  If you have been following by fishing reports you already know that I am a strong advocate and user of the Electron Fish Attractor.  But of course there are those fishermen that either don’t Well, I am a believer and I do get it, because catching is my business for sure!  As you know I have been taking people fishing for over 51 years and I do know how to catch fish.  However, it always helps to get a little extra outside assistance especially when it comes to catching!  After all that is what fishing is all about!  Heck, the tackle shops and the web are full of beautifully colored and different sizes/shapes of all kinds of lures.  When it comes to a s more about the fisherman than the fish.  After all and I have said this many times over, a lure will most likely not work if the fisherman using it doesn’t 
s or baits that you are already using.  And as a fisherman I already know what I am using as a lure or baits already works. However, if you want to add to your already so call prefect picked lure or bait I suggest 
www.lifesparkfishingtackle.com and I am you are still not convinced you want give the attractor a try here are a few suggestions that just might change your mind...first go to the web 
this is a free online magazine, which to subscribe all you have to do is add name and email address...and then open the current Fall 2016 ’s X Files “Dare to Believe, Part 2..Understanding the 6th Sense!   This article helps explain a little better the just of the electron fish attractor. (If you This article helps explain a little better the gist of 
The same article is being published in the http://americanoutdoorsman.ca/#!/page_home, which will be available in the next day or so.  Look for the fall issue. It is a much easier read!   

You can certainly read all of this and come to you own conclusions or you can just take my word for it.  It is a known fact that fishermen are known for not exactly telling the truth when it comes to the size of fish caught/lost or how they caught them in the first place.  But in this case I feel this way; I am going to share this information with you!  Yes I am fisherman, yes I am seasoned, yes I am proven, and so now are these fish attractors!    

Thanks, Captain Judy Helmey Miss Judy Charters Savannah Georgia       “Little Miss Judy’s Believe It or Not!” 

Well, here’s a picture of my father Captain Sherman I Helmey either after having a few OP drinks or just thinking about it!   My father is sitting on a tank that held gas for our cars.  All we did was back up to the tank, stick the hose in our car fill, and pump until the gauge read slap full.  The house in the back ground is where I was raised and where I still live today! Although there have been many changes to this date, in my mind sometimes I still think about the good old days when window box fans were the only air conditioning that we had!   

In my father’s right hand is a King Edward cigar, which he normally only took a few puffs from and then he just let it burn out.  And believe me once this happened and after he got through holding it he just threw it down wherever he happened to be at the time. Anyone looking for a beefy stogie would hit pay dirt if they followed dear old dad around.  

The cat’s name was Velcro and why, well when she was a kitten, she climbed and stuck to everything it touched!  I came home from fishing and my father had called the fire department, because, according to him, Velcro could not get out of the tree.  And back then when the island wasn’t so crowded and there wasn’t an emergency taking place the firemen didn’t mind a little added adventure of visiting my father’s house.  After all a normal 10 minute trip to our place lasted just about 2 story telling hours! 

Liquor of a different kind! 
My father always used to say, “I’m going to have a drink of a different kind.  It’s was called “OP!”  These initials mean “Other People,” which boils down to other people’s liquor.   According to my father this is when he drank the most and it tasted the best!! 

Thanks for reading! Captain Judy Helmey 

Edited by Captain Judy - 06/Oct/2016 at 4:43pm
"Kicking Fish Tail Since 1956!"

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic