Register Register  Login Login
  Search 

NBA Star Slam Dunks Vanuatu’s Dogtooth & GT’s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ocean Blue Fishing View Drop Down
Guides & Charters
Guides & Charters

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ocean Blue Fishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NBA Star Slam Dunks Vanuatu’s Dogtooth & GT’s
    Posted: 11/Jul/2012 at 4:40pm

NBA Star Slam Dunks Vanuatu’s Dogtooth & GT’s…

June saw NBA basketballer and serious angler Jared Jeffries visit Vanuatu for his annual fishing holiday. Jared has fished all over the world and has been itching to get into some dogtooth tuna on jigs & topwater with us, so his request to Ocean Blue was to create a premium adventure with incredible fishing!

“I thought for a long time about where to go fishing this year. I talked to a lot of people, and read a lot of fishing reports and websites. Once I talked to Anthony and Dave at Ocean Blue my decision was made”.

“A little prep time and I was off around the world on a 40 hour travel adventure. Getting to Port Vila from Indiana isn’t easy. I was in Indiana for my basketball camp, so this made for a long 2 days”.

As for the fishing, Jared was joined by Australian based angler Soon Young (Soon is the guy who isn’t 6’10”!), who has fished Vanuatu with us a number of times already & aware of the fishing in store for him! We spent a bit time speaking to Jared prior to the trip going over the plan & tackle required for popping and jigging the islands.

“We fished hard for 4 and a half days. The first 3 days were insane… Doggies on every drop type of action!! I was so tired from jigging that my hands and arms were cramping…”

“There were also some huge GT’s in the northern area where we fished but we only popped when we got tired of jigging. (These GT’s were a bycatch when targeting doggies!!)”

“My favorite was watching the doggies come up on poppers and stickbaits, they would come out of the water and a lot of times miss on the first strike and come right back.”

“My guides Andrea and Eric are awesome, I’m going back next year for sure.. Ocean Blue puts together such an amazing trip!”

Jared Jeffries, USA.

Full report on – http://www.360tuna.com/forum/f76/vanuatu-ocean-blue-best-trip-ever-28652/

(Thanks again to Jared, Jenny, Soon & Chee for a great trip! – Ocean Blue)

Ocean Blue Fishing Adventures – Popping & Jigging the Vanuatu Islands…

Edited by Ocean Blue Fishing - 11/Jul/2012 at 5:22pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic